Optical Research Engineer/Scientist Bristol, UK
LumOptica is a growing laser and optical technology company. We work with UK government, MOD and some of the largest technology companies in the world, through a combination of commercial contract R&D and in-house technology development.
As we expand the business, we are now seeking a research engineer/physicist to join us. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of R&D, from originating new ideas or solutions to meet our clients’ challenges, preparing proposals, undertaking technical work and delivering results in written and verbal form. It is essential that you are a self-starter but also that you can work effectively in a team and with customers. We are committed to continuing professional development and will provide mentoring, training where required and the opportunity to attend and present at conferences.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in physics or relevant engineering field
- Good working knowledge of optics and lasers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
- Cleared to work in the UK and eligible to obtain UK security clearance
- Curious with a desire to learn!
- PhD/EngD degree in optics, lasers or photonics
- Working knowledge of Zemax or similar
- Working knowledge of COMSOL
- Industrial R&D experience
- Project management experience
- Successful track-record of proposal writing
- Laboratory experience and knowledge of data acquisition and device control (e.g. LabVIEW)
- UK security cleared
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with the chance to make a real difference. We offer: £30k – £40k salary depending on experience, 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus scheme, flexible working. Send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.